Sunday 8 January 2012

Driftwood Designs




 "Weeroona Island "


Where the Ranges meets the Sea !!!


This photo above gave me the inspiration to paint this painting called " The Stack ".
Open prize winners 2011 Port pirie Art Gallery.


This Island is where I get my inspiration and ideas for painting .This photo was taken last year on the Island sitting on the rocks looking towards Port Pirie.
 I find the textures incredible from the rocks to the seaweed to the sand that everytime I visit I just have to  rush home and put it on canvas.
So the vision is to move to the Island to live with my Husband Paul and just enjoy its time  to just relax and have the simple life :)
Ohh    and I cant forget  my best friend " Lilly the dog " 
I think we  will have to call our house , shack "Salty Dog" as all she wants to do is play in the sea water.

1 comment:

  1. oh your painting is divine. i like your idea to move to the island. sounds dreamy and perfect.
    hiya lilly!!! wuff wuff

    ReplyDelete